Monday, June 8, 2009

Sundy afternoon

Correction from before: we had all the friends over on Saturday night after Michael had gotten off at work.


Michael has every Sunday off, so it is one of the few days we get to see each other. It is very weird to go from being so completely wrapped up in one another, then getting scant time alone. Don't get me wrong--Michael and I adore having chldren, epecially such little treasures as Emerald and Gabriel, but...Michael is my closest dearest friend, as well as my hubbly, and I miss him.

Sunday morning was pretty laid back--we did little, just straightened up the house, took care of the pets, and let Emerald lead Michael around the house showing him everything she had been doing this week. Realizing that we have not gone and seen a movie in theatres since Hulk last summer, we became determined to going on a date. Grannymom and DadDad agreed to watch the children for a couple of hours.

We got to go see Star Trek at the nice movie theatre in town, and decided to do a concession stand lunch. Just so you know--just as expensive as going out to eat, and not worth it.

An aside--when I was growing up, movie theatre nachos were the things dreams were made of. For two dollars, you got a heaping pile of large chips drenched in the most succulent of creamy cheeses. At no charge, you could get fresh pickled jalopenos to top it, and it was a meal in and of itself. Yesterday, I was blatantly ripped-off as I paid $4.50 for a bag of tostinos and a little cup of cheese in which to dip it. It was pitiful, and my heart yearned for the quality service of yester-year.

Back to my story at hand, recently Michael and I have tried the Star Trek original series starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy because we heard it was worth a laugh or two. Surprisingly (well, not that surprisingly if you consider that we are a bit of nerds as it is), we really got into the series, and we both just loved the new movie.

It was really nice to get to spend time with Michael again. Ideally, I would like to plan a date once a week, or once a paycheck, but unfortunately, plans rarely go the way you intend for them to. I have set my sights on merely getting to watch a matinee showing of UP! with him for the present.

~Andie~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment