Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bath Time!


Emerald loves baths so much I can barely keep her out of them these days! If Michael and I invested in a kiddy pool for the backyard, she would just burst from happiness--she is quite the little fishy. The only problem is that she hates getting her face wet, which is completely understandable, but it makes her hair very hard to wash. Michael can wash her hair without getting any water in her face, but since he is at work, it falls to me now, and I just deal with her being angry. Poor girl.

She has made a very recent discovery--if she has chalk from her outside toys, she can doodle on the side of the bath, and it just washes away. Now art truly saturates every aspect of her life, and it so very sweet to watch her.

When I took this picture, she had drawn this very detailed picture and was telling me all about it--chattering at me "blah blah blah blah Dada and Gay!!!" It was adorable. I know she misses her father so much while he works, which makes Sundays her favorite day of the week, because Mama takes her to the park, just the two of them, and Daddy will split an ice cream sundae with her. She's a good girl.

Remy, who is never too far from Emerald, likes to sit on the side of the bathtub waiting for her to come out, and she will give him drinks of water, or let him lick her fingers and just peal out in laughter, but her favorite is drawing his picture (she always points and says "cat, cat" very clearly. I love watching those two interact, since she cares about him so, and he is her little baby.

I hope Gabriel bonds with Pepper or Oscar--I don't see us getting any more animals any time soon!!

~Andie~

No comments:

Post a Comment