Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Darling Son

I realize that Michael and I were incredibly blessed to have started with such an easy baby.

Emerald was the ideal infant--easy going, eager to please, hardly crying, always smiling and laughing, and so very bright. We took that for granted.

Gabriel is so very much more....me then his sister is.

I could not love a little boy as much as I do Gabriel Lynn, but he is definately been a lesson in patience. Emerald is her father incarnate--patient, calm, easygoing. Gabe is a miniature of his mother--needy, high-maintainence, spastic, impatient.

The fact of the matter is that I have never really had to handle someone so very like me before, and I am having trouble. My Gabriel will definately be a test in my patience (and sanity), but I know that he is so very worth it. I also see the good of me in him, and through the trial of fire in learning to keep my cool, I will have also learned an invaluable insiders perspective so that one day I can teach Gabriel how he can too calm his wild nature.

Here begins the taming of the shrew.

~Andie~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment