Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday Party



Sunday was my official birthday party. It was over at Ken and Rhonda's, and we ate taco salad for dinner. It was really good--we had a different taco salad when I was growing up (basically, a really quick, cheap, easy meal that could feed 6 people) that was one of my favorites. But dinner was really very nice.

I got a Kohl's giftcard, which was awesome--I was able to buy a cute yellow blouse, white shorts, nice beach-y sandles, lovely orange cream necklace and earring set, and a headband for myself, as well as two dresses for Emerald. They are really very cute dresses--both are kind of the gingham, which reminds me of my mother. One is yellow, and a little nicer, with a little cotton top. The other is green (Mike and my favorite!!), and both very summery. The best part? Both dresses were $3 each!! When I rich, I am literally going to gorge myself buying adorable clearance clothes for the kids (and maybe a few things for Mike and me!).

I also got some movie money, which I haven't been able to use quite yet, but I am really excited--a matinee for two is $12, so I will be able to take Mike and myself on two movie dates! I am thinking UP! and Harry Potter =)

Finally, I got some money, and was able to buy myself some nice things with it--I got some Paula Dean candles in Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, and Fried Apple Pie scents. Its really nice to girl up the house a little bit, and satisfies my sweet tooth without having to sacrifice my figure :-D

Emerald smurfed out at the cake--it had some blue icing, and she just went crazy on it--even stabbing the entirety of my cake off my plate and stealing it! She's so silly. But she seemed to have a great time.

We all had a good chuckle when Ken accidently prayed that I will be a good mother and husband--Michael hasn't stopped making fun of me yet.

Great birthday party!

~Andie~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment