Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Day with Daddy, Part 2

After we left the AT&T store, we had Andrew and Angie over for dinner. Andrew is feeling quite tense due to his son that is due any day now, and I figured he could use a friend to talk to.

We are never exactly rollin in the dough (read--we aren't wealthy), so we couldn't do anything too fancy, so it was just frozen pizzas, salad, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Naturally, I was the only one that ate salad--Mike brought out the potato chips and french onion dip. So much for me trying to infuse some healthy eating into our lives :p

It was nice to get a break it just being the children and me alone all day. I adore them, but Gabriel has been a bit trying lately. I needed a break....what I need is a vacation.

Mike really loved getting to spend time with his babies. Him and Emerald were inseperable, she just adores him. She likes to sit in his lap and play with the bubbles application on his ipod. Just watching them make the same intent expression when focusing on something is just so precious.

Now we have until Sunday again before we get to spend any time with him---here's hoping I keep my patience and my sanity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment