Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jolly Little Sir


I have been wondering what Gabriel's "thing" would be--Emerald has her art and dance, Michael has his programming and graphic novels...I want to know what Gabriel will be passionate about. During my pregnancy, I was hoping I could forge a little Dave Matthews--devastatingly beautiful singing voice, talented at a number of instruments, creative and romantic. It may be my own wishful thinking, but he is all ready showing a love for music--perhaps my dreams for him have come true!! (*Side note--I am being as realistic as possible about this, and know that he is just an infant and cannot show too much preference for any one thing, this is just my observations).


Gabriel's absolute favorite songs--the ones that can't help but bring a giant grin to his face (see picture above)--are The Sausage Man Song (proof that he is a male from the Wagner clan--there hasn't been a little boy yet that hasn't responded to that song) and You Are My Sunshine (Mama's special song for him--in case you are curious, Mama's special songs for Emerald are Crazy for This Girl and She's so High Above Me).



Every time I sing to him, he coos along, very obviously trying to sing along with me, to the point that he stops when I stop, and restarts when I start singing again. Whenever Emerald watches her Wiggles, he sings along with that as well. He is just such a happy baby!! He reminds me of stories of Amber (my sister) when she was an infant--she was forever singing, and she has such a beautiful singing voice.



The only hang up I have is that though his Daddy has a lovely voice, most men in my family are ::cough:: not the best singers. They love singing, but they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, if you know what I'm saying. Maybe he got the right genes--Granny (my grandmother) has the most beautiful voice in the world. I may just have my Dave Matthews yet! I'll get on teaching him "Let You Down" right away.
(And I'll see about getting a video of him singing for me to post!)



--Andie--

No comments:

Post a Comment