Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's Been a While


Shamefully, it has been a long time since I have updated the family blog. I am properly abashed, and intend to hopefully catch you up today!!

June 12th was my (Andie's) 22nd birthday. Last year's birthday was just awful--Emerald was nine months old, and she got sick on June 11th as I was getting off of work. She had never been sick before, and so Michael and I were up all night with a vomitting, clingy 9 month old. It was rough. So, this year could only look up!!

Gabriel has still been very fussy, though we haven't figured out why. I think he just needs more assurance and affection than his much more independent sister ever needed. Friday was no exception, so I took the kids out for snack outside. We had orange juice and crackers, and colored with chalk on the sidewalk, sang silly songs, and played in the shade. We had a wonderful time.

Michael still had to work all day, which was a disappointment, but not the end of the universe--the day itself matters less than getting to spend time with him. So, we just planned on time together some other day.

For dinner, Ken and Rhonda took us out to Jason's Deli, which is one of my favorite restraunts. I got the quarter turkey muffaletta with a cup of poblano corn chowder on the side. It was surpringly spicy soup, but still really very good. Emerald had problems with wanting to sample off everyone else's plate, but she loved her organic mac and cheese.

The highlight of the evening was when Patrick tried to get up and leave the table, and a distraught Emerald tried to throw her weight so that she could chase him down. Poor girl--she doesn't do "goodbye" all that well.

Ken and Rhonda took Emerald to see their friends that night in Portales, and let Emerald spend the night at their house, so it was just me and Gabriel for the rest of the night. I think he really appreciated getting more one on one time, and slept better that night.

All in all, good birthday!

~Andie~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment