Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fresh Air



To keep the children calm (as well as their increasingly frazzled mother), I have been taking them on daily walks around the block in their double stroller. Quick side note: I ADORE this stroller. It is one of the most useful presents I have ever gotten, as it changes to fit our needs so well--it can hold Gabriel’s car seat if he needs to lay down (even though they are not the same brand), or he can sit up in the back and look around, and Emerald can sit, stand, or even utilize a jump seat next to me in the back. Greatest stroller ever!


Back to my story at hand (I get distracted easily--I apologize!).


Because the weather has been so lovely this year so far, and because it just makes all three of us feel so much better, we have been going on 2-3 walks a day. Once we even went on 5 walks in one day (Gabriel was having a particularly hard day). Emerald drinks her water or juice, and we talk and sing and observe the comings and goings on our street...all in all, one of my favorite parts of the day. Not to mention the definite benefit of getting me back to some semblance of my pre-baby figure!!


My issue has so recently become that, as it is June and so very hot here, we are unable to take very many walks. Sometimes we wait until later in the day, when it is starting to cool off a bit, but we still need the break in the middle of the day--it helps keep us all level headed and keep us from getting cabin fever.

Now, without these walks, I am not sure what we will do, both for exercise and relaxation and fresh air. That being said, I am searching for a new calming tactic. I am thinking about completely clearing the garage of all our boxes and such, and seeing about installing a window, and therefore a window unit to cool off the garage. Then, we can go out there to finger paint, do chalk drawings, have snack, or what have you. With the garage door open, we will get the fresh air, and it will be safer for Emerald to run around without the fear of burning out in the hot sun. It doesn't really get me exercise, but I will puzzle that out a bit more on my own later.



~Andie~

No comments:

Post a Comment