Saturday, June 25, 2011

Emerald-isms

After making the the post of cute things Emerald has said this past week, I thought about it and decided I would like a more complete list of all the funny/cute/sweet things she has said since she was born. So I went back in my facebook and texts and blog as far back as she was talking, and here is what I was able to find. I may have missed some, but at least I have these gathered =)

· Emerald was helping me service the vacuum today. She was banging on the pipes, and using the screwdriver. When she was bored with that game, she very expectantly and seriously looks at me and says, "Five Dollars?"", like that was what I owed her for helping me!

· At lunch, Michael was eating nachos. Emerald approached him and said "please?", signing for emphasis. So, Michael started scooping up a nacho for her, but apparently, wasn't going fast enough for her taste, so she impatiently states, "I SAID please!"

· Emerald's first complete sentence: While sitting in time out, she very clearly wails--"I get spanked!!"

· I need to change Benjamin's diaper! (I explain he's not wearing a diaper in there, and she looks horrified) ...so Benjamin is naked? Where does he poop!?

· (Singing to Gabriel; to the tune of "Where is Thumpkin"): Where is punkin, Where is punkin? There you is, There you is! Mama gonna spank you, mama gonna spank you. Run away, run away

· I Emerald Renae, (points to Gabe) you is Gabriel Lynn, and there (points to my stomach) and that is Benajmin Dinosaur!

· I want a corn dog for lunch!! ....Gaby wants the stick.

· Are we ready go? (Where are we going, Emerald?) Daddy said I could have...a new kitten!! -jumps up and down clapping hands for five minutes-

· Emerald is watching “The Great Mouse Detective”, and goes "aha! A clue! Gaby is stealing yo cwackers, mama!" while he stood behind me and horked them down.

· This morning, Emerald had a doctor’s appointment, so we dropped Gabriel off at daycare and then left with Emerald. She started crying when we got in the car--I thought she was upset she wasn't staying for class, but she sobbed "we forgot Gaby!"

· Emerald had a balloon a while back, and we let it go out back—it got stuck in the neighbor's tree.
Emerald is telling me all about the balloon family that lives in the balloon tree—they eat chicken and ham sandwiches and fly airplanes and watch Barbie Thumbalina.

· Babysitter: Emerald, don't eat the dirt please.
Emerald: but it tastes good!!

· (Awed voice) "Mom! How {Santa} knowed I was a present for Cwistmas?"

· Whispered to Gabriel, "Don't worry, Gaby--Emerald got you"

· “Mama, I love pee and poo! We watch pee and poo?” referring to Winnie the Pooh

· “Benjamin is a good name for a baby, but I like Grayson. His name Grayson?”

· Me: What would you like for Christmas? Would you like Santa to bring you a puppy? Emerald: A puppy? No—I want snow!

· Singing Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite”: Singin eggo, gotta let go…

· Aunt Ammmmmber, the sheepish lion; Aunt Ammmmmmmber, she’s not a lion….

· (Singing to Gabriel): You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. I make you happy when you is gray. You neber know, Gabe, how much I lub you. You are my sunshine, now please go away

· When asked what she would name the new baby: Patti or Curly.

· A best friend is someone who hugs you, and makes you happy, and gives you pizza

· Tales from my trip: one morning, I gave the kids chocolate donuts for breakfast. They both sat quietly staring at their plates and not touching them. I was perplexed until Emerald said, "deese are daddy's black donuts, mama--he gonna be mad!"

· Gabriel fussed in his sleep, so Emerald came and lay beside him and whispered, "don't worry, my Gaby--Emerald got you".

· Me: Emerald, please share with your brother.
Emerald: I can't, I'm sharing with Emerald.

· You gotta love Emerald's imagination--she is pretending to be a fairy-cowboy-security guard.

· The unicorn is sad and crying because he ran into a tree.

· Emerald (after the manner of "swiper no swiping!")--"Gabriel, no Gabriel! Gabriel, no Gabriel! Gabriel noooooo Gabriel!"

· I was feeling sorry for myself for messing up dinner when Emerald patted me on the shoulder and said "It's okay, Mom--I'm not going to hurt you".

· I tried to dress Emerald after her bath, when she screamed "No means no!" in my face, running buck naked down the hall

· Emerald just crawled into my lap and said "I love you, Mom--so much. It's okay--I've got you".

· Emerald "Little bunny poo-poo hopin fru the forest, scoopin up miceys bop on head....no, no bunny poo-poo, I give you FREE chances or I turn you into Gabe".

· I am watching the repulsive assembly line her kids have created--Emerald licks all the peanut butter of the crackers, then hands the soggy crackers to Gabriel to gum down.

Glam (Rhonda), I not a'supposed to eat chocolate….



No comments:

Post a Comment