Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tidbits

As a way of kind of recapping things I would like to remember one day but are not long enough to be on their own, here is a tidbits post!!


1. It was lovely and overcast and not too hot the other day, so I took the kids outside to let them play. The first thing we noticed was this sweet little girl puppy playing with Pepper that looked a lot like a scruffy, homeless version of my sister's dog Zoe. I made Emerald and Gabriel stay inside while I tried to scare it off because I didn't know if it was vicious or diseased or what, but she turned out to be so, so very sweet and made Pepper so very happy that I didn't have the heart to send her out yet. I decided that she posed no threat to the children, and that she could stay in the backyard that day until she either found her own way back home or Michael got home and I could ask the neighbors about her.

She had no collar or tags, but she was incredibly good-natured and pleasant. After Michael got home, she wiggled back through a hole in the fence and we assumed she found her way home; when Michael showed them a picture of her though, the neighbors said she was a stray that frequently hung out in their backyard but that did not belong to them. I am now worried that the poor dog doesn't have a home, so if she comes back, I will make Found Dog posters and see if anyone wants her.


2. This is a cute picture of Emerald from church on Sunday--she was chewing on her toy bird and was annoyed with me because I made her cross her ankles before I would take the picture, lol. Church on Sunday was pretty okay--Michael and I are settling into our class a bit more, even if we are not making any friends yet. We are not terribly social individuals to be honest, and we stick mostly to ourselves. This week we talked about spiritual gifts, and were given a questionnaire to fill out to pinpoint what in what ministries our God-given talents lay (if any). We found out that Michael shows most talent in Leadership, while I scored higher in Mercy; both of us had a close second of Administration. The lowest scores we got were for Celibacy and Giving, lol.


3. This is our sticky-mat substitute--the kids and I have been doing Yoga Mama pregnancy yoga stretches in the mornings, which has been a lot of fun as well as good exercise. It doesn't help me feel as physically comfortable as I would like, but it is nice to do something for myself each day. Gabriel mostly likes to lay there and watch, crawl between my legs and under me as if I am a fort, and bang on my huge protruding behind. Emerald will actually attempt the stretches, which is particularly cute when she is sending the love in her heart to the new baby. She is always a great sport, even reminding me to do the stretches on days that I forget.


4. We have been spending a good amount of time outdoors again--ever since Ken and Patrick cleaned up our backyard, we have had the loveliest days swinging and swimming and eating fruit pops.....the only thing that really stinks is that lately, it has been so very hot outside, I have been getting very ill from the heat after only being out there for a short time. It breaks the kids' hearts when I have to drag them back in because mommy needs to cool off, and they seem so disappointed and betrayed. I am trying to figure out a way to avoid that; perhaps I could start swimming with them as well to keep cooled off. It would be cruel if we just stopped going outside at all, so I have to figure out something.

5. Today, I got a package from Erika!! It was so so sweet--It came in a pretty box and had Lily Snacks, a pink bracelet, some clothes for Benjamin, a Spider-Man outfit for Gabriel, some Indonesian money, and a bag of what I think is an edible food but I just can't figure out what it is, plus some other cute little things...it really made my day, and touched my heart, since it must have cost a fortune to send a package halfway across the world. I miss my friend so much--it is still like another year before she will be back. I get really depressed if I stop and think about it, but I am so proud of the work she is doing that it would be selfish of me to miss her too much, so I am choosing to be happy for her. Maybe when she gets back, we can hang out again =)

So that's all I've got for right now--writing a lot today =o)

~Andie~

No comments:

Post a Comment