Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dr. Hales Visit

We left Gabriel's appointment to go home for lunch, then dropped the kids off at Grannymom and DadDad's so that Michael could take me to my Dr. Hales appointment.

The waiting room was practically empty when we got there; we were called back nearly immediately and there was scarcely any wait before we were taken to a room. I still have not gained any weight, but they did not seem concerned since Benjamin is growing so well. They looked over my blood sugar results and asked me to do another Glucose Tolerance Test as well as to fax them my blood sugar chart because they are wanting to put me on an oral diabetes medication.

The ultrasound went really well--everything is still in place and healthy looking. His head is down in my hips and his legs are tucked into my ribs. We have to come back in two weeks for another check-up and try getting my blood sugar under control. Sad to say, we weren't able to get a 3-D ultrasound because of the placental placement--he snuggles into it, obscuring his little features and making it impossible to get a good clear shot.

I am 31 weeks today, which means 8 months as of next Wednesday; I am in the home stretch of this pregnancy, and I am sooooo ready for it to be over. I have never been so uncomfortable in my life, and I am certain without a doubt that I was never in this much pain with my previous two pregnancies.

The best way I can think to describe it--have you ever gone on a very, very long car ride without stopping once? When you get to your destination and you stand up, no matter how much you shifted and adjusted, your lower back and hips are uncomfortable from being going un-stretched for so long?? That is pretty much how I feel most of the time--like I can't straighten or stretch out my back and hips. It makes for a very uncomfortable Andie, which makes me walk hunchbacked and duck-footed.

The kids weren't with Grannymom and DadDad very long because the appointment went so quickly, but they seemed to have a really great time. Gabriel loves playing on the piano, hearing all the different notes. Emerald just loves going over there--she always has such a fun time =)

All in all, I am pleased with the appointment--my little Benjamin is looking fine and dandy, ready to make his appearance in just a few short weeks!!

~Andie~


No comments:

Post a Comment