Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cute Emerald Quotes from this Week

I decided that since there is no way that I am going to recall every adorable/funny/clever things that my brilliant little girl says that I am going to try and start a weekly/bi-weekly/as often as I can accumulate enough for a post collection of Emerald-isms.

Here are the ones from this past week!

* I asked the kids if they would like a snack of popcorn, and they got very excited, jumping up and down and clapping their hands. So I brought out the bag of microwaveable popcorn, and watch as Emerald visibly deflates. Dejected, she tells me "Oh, no thank you, Mama. Daddy makes it in the popcorn machine"

* "A good pet dinosaur eats food, like pizza and bananas, not people. I give him snacks so he won't eat me"

* We watched Madagascar recently. Later, as we were playing outside, a very pensive Emerald asks, "Mama, are there Emeralds in the wild?"

* "You're not smart, Mama! But you're pretty, it's okay...." (Thanks, sweetheart :P)

* One day, Emerald woke up from nap and sat in the recliner, not saying or doing anything. I tried to get her to read with me, watch a show, or get up, but she calmly told me "I'm waiting". I asked her what she was waiting for, and she said "I'm waiting for Daddy to come home".

* "Ohhhhh, the rains came down as the blood came up...."

* Emerald was patting my stomach and feeling Benjamin kick, when she informed me "That's my baby. I put hims there. You welcome"

* Gabriel toggled the 360 on and off several times, earning himself a time-out. He was annoyed that I was interrupting his play, but was no where near as distraught as Emerald who sobbed "Don't worry Gaby--I will save you; Emerald will save you".

*-counting in Spanish- uno, dos, tres, cinco, dinko....

* I made both Emerald and Gabriel a cocoa; Emerald drank a few swallows, paused to contemplate her drink, then put it in the fridge. I asked her if she didn't want cocoa, and she said "No, I just saving it for Benjamin".

* "Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the kings' horses and all the kings' men rode over Humpty Dumpty again and again." -evil laugh-

* Every time the doorbell rings or someone knocks on the door, Emerald excitedly yells "He's here! He's here! Benjamin finally here!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment