Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Emerald Quotes 8-31-11

Overheard by my sweet Emerald lately...


-awed voice- Wow, Mama--I the most goodest singer ever!


Mommy, can i have a cheese sandwich for lunch? And can I have a hamburger on my cheese sandwich?

(Me:)...you want a cheeseburger?

(Emerald:) Yay!! Yes please!! With fries!!


Emerald was pretending to text on her toy cell-phone, saying "Dear Emerald, I am six years old. Monsters make me real scared; I gotta build animals. Can you help me?" (playing "Veggie Tales", lol)


(Emerald) What is that a picture of?

(Me) It's the Death Star, sweetie.

(Emerald) Is it one of Daddy's cars?


Trying to make plans for Emerald's birthday, she gave this input: Tinkerbell is nice, and I like Minnie Mouse...but I want a Cap'n America birthday party!! (she has now been talking about her Captain America birthday party for weeks!)


Related: I was showing Emerald costumes on Party City's website, asking what she wanted to be--Minnie Mouse? Strawberry Shortcake? A princess?

She yells, "no, mama--I gonna be...CAP'N AMERICA!"

After some thought, she adds, "Gaby can be Thor and Benjamin is Spider-Man!" (Avenger's Assemble?)


Emerald has been throwing a lot of fits lately--hazards of being a three year old. As I laid her down for nap, she whispers "Mama, I so sorry for screaming. I can be better..."


Getting better at bargaining, probably due to all the "Pawn Stars" she watches with us; I told Emerald she could have bubbles if she poops in the potty. She squints at me and says "Bubbles First".


This will be humiliating to her one day, but that's a very good reason to remember it, lol.

Emerald was sitting on the potty when I hear her yelling "Mom, help!! I need a doctor!!" (Drama queen!)


Actually very sad: I told Emerald I loved her recently, and she said "why?" :-(

Emerald: Mommy, I can't pick you up cause you too heavy, so you gonna hafta pick me up.

She's been asking me to sing to her recently, and she sings to me more as well. My favorites:
"If I crash and crash and burn, I not alone?"
"I like the Sausage Man! What the boy's name? Is it Gabriel? Gaby, sausage is not for the floor, it's for eating!"
"Mama, I can fly! I fly like a G-6!" (You are so not listening to your Daddy's music anymore!)
"Can anybody find me sumbody to love?"

Emerald hugged my protruding belly and said "I love you Benji-Bubba"

I was stressing out, worried about silly little things, when Emerald came up and whispered, "It's okay, Mama--you can pray if you want to".

(Emerald:) Mama, that's gross--I don't want dirty cheerios.
(Me:) -sigh- they're not dirty, they're cinnamon


The following are contributed by Grannymom: =)
On the way from her house to our house Emerald said: Where is your friend dad-dad?

I said: He’s at work.

She said: does your friend live with you?


Pulled into driveway, I open the garage door: she says: Home again, Home again, giggidy gig. (I’ve said that a couple of times before…..she picked it up quick!)


In garage she says: Grannymom, you have a rake.

Yes I do. What do you do with a rake?

Rolling her eyes, she says: you rake leaves with a rake Grannymom.

No comments:

Post a Comment