Friday, December 31, 2010

Sunday!

Sunday we woke up knowing we were heading home that day.

I got up and fed the children while Michael got dressed and started putting our stuff back in the car. They just did cheerios and fresh orange slices. Then I dressed the kids and got dressed myself, and we all made it to church in time for Bible class!

Gabriel looked really apprehensive and tried to fight his way back into my arms, but Emerald ran into her class and didn't look back! Amber couldn't make it to Bible class, so I took notes for her--we were discussing Hebrews chapter....13, I think. I would have to check the notes, lol.

Service went well--Emerald kept telling me she was hungry, probably because she didn't eat good breakfast, but Gabriel fell right asleep. The problem was, he had the rankest gas, and he kept shifting and tooting all through service. Michael blamed me. -sigh-

I really love going to church, but my church is by far my favorite. I know most of the people there, and it's just so happy and fun!

After church, we all but ran to the car and drove to the only restaurant in Argyle--a little Mexican food place called Papi's to have lunch with Dad's parents. The waiter was so smiley and had a fun accent, but he was probably so nice because he was going to grat the heck out of us.

I got tilapia tacos on corn tortillas that were pretty good--I had never had them before, and they really weren't bad. They were grilled and had lettuce and cheese and lime juice and maybe pico on them?? I thought they would be really good if they had cabbage instead of lettuce, and no tomatoes. The charro beans were so delicious, they remind me of going to Mi Ranchito's when we were little--they had an appetizer with every meal of Charro Bean soup, which was so good that's usually all me and Amber ate. It also "had" (read--I stole from Emerald's plate) rice covered in queso, which made me and Amber freak out for Panchos. We like Mexican food a lot in my family.

Michael got nachos, but did not take his lactose pill -sad- he liked it until he started feeling terrible!! Luckily, I packed all the preventative pills and symptom fixer pills, so he started feeling better on the ride home. Emerald got taquitos with cheesy dip and Gabriel got quesadillas, but they split both meals.

Emerald was super friendly and chatty--she sat right next to Pat and talked to her about everything. Afterwards, she turned to me and told me that Grandma Pat said she could have ice cream (the naughty little fibber!!). Mostly she liked looking at the horse shaped pinata over her head.

Gabriel was quiet and well behaved for most of the meal--the best part was when Pawpaw was talking and Gabriel was watching him....Gabe just started laughing very loudly, when got everyone else laughing. I think he thought Pawpaw was telling a joke or something!!

The car ride home was pretty uneventful. I was a lot more restless than on the ride down, but that's probably because I wasn't ready to go home. I don't spend enough time with my family as it is. But overall, not awful. I just drank too much tea and most of the ride was uncomfortable, anyway. We didn't get home too late and I was able to put away all the gifts and luggage, since I worked so very very hard to get it clean before we left.

As it is, these two posts have kept me from cleaning up the house again, but I should probably get to it -sigh-Maybe soon I will write the final post about Christmas--with Rhonda's side of the family :)

~Andie~


Emerald at Papi's :)


No comments:

Post a Comment