Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Last Day of Daycare

Today was the kid's last day of daycare at Bright Horizons for the semester, which meant 1) pajama day; 2) pictures with Santa day; and 3) Christmas party!

Gabriel got Chic-Fil-A nuggets, fruit, veggies, and juice. He accidentally closed his hand in the door of his classroom, so they called me and I got an "Accident Report" but it didn't even bruise. Totally a non-issue.
Last year, Emerald was in the Monkey class like Gabriel is this year; she had the same teachers--their gift was a really pretty ceramic decorative thing with Emerald's name and hand prints. So I was kind of hoping that I would get one from Gabriel this year so that I would have the matching pair. No such luck, but I did get pretty ornaments that smell sweet for our Christmas tree =) He wore the pajama's Holly got him for Christmas last year that has robot stuff all over it.

Emerald wore pretty blue pajamas and matching headband, and her class had a pizza party. She made us a glass green and red ornament that I really love--it's beautiful. Her day was rather uneventful--they didn't really tell us anything!

Now, I actually had a very weird day for me!

This morning, even though I had less to do than normal, I was really frazzled. I felt like I was running horribly behind when I was doing just fine. On the walk to daycare, Rhonda passed us and gave us a ride, and then I walked back home.

When I got there, the big wooden door was just standing open.

I freaked out, and called Michael at work. He told me to walk through every room of the house and stay on the phone with him. LUCKILY, it was just me being a gigantic airhead and leaving the door open for the first time ever, but I was worried that someone was in the house.

I do the dishes, straighten the living room, and settle down in my recliner with some heavy blankets to read. I hadn't gotten very far when the door is thrown open and I hear Michael bellow, "ANDIE?!?!". He turns the corner and sees me just sitting here reading, and I his face is rage itself.

Now it makes me laugh, but I saw him and thought he was just really really ticked off that I had left the door open on accident and that I was calling him so much at work and he was getting in trouble. Apparently, he had called me to check-in after the scare earlier, and I hadn't answered....so he called back 14 more times.

I swear, I NEVER heard it ring once, and I didn't even have any missed calls listed. But he walks in scared out of his mind, and I am sitting there calmly reading my book with my phone right next to me like it always is...I can only assume that he thought I was ignoring him! Well, he tore into me--chewed me out, probably because he was upset and scared, and I was scared....Anyways, big ordeal, I will never leave the door open again!

When the kids got home, Beth came over and brought them their Christmas present of the entire Narnia series , which was really cool, and me a sewing kit =)

I took them outside and we played on the swing set while Michael made our pizza party dinner! Hurrah! Now we are sitting down to watch Teen Titans with our pizza--good end to a weird day!

No comments:

Post a Comment