Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday

I haven't written in a few days, so I figured I may go ahead and post an update.

Emerald and Gabriel are being really really sweet, which is a nice change since they have been so very, very exhausting the last few days. Since it snowed (briefly) yesterday and it has been chilly the last few days, I haven't wanted to take the kids outside. They both have runny noses, and Emerald's has recently changed colors making me worry she has a sinus infection--bleh. But it is hard keeping those kids entertained inside all day long!

Yesterday, we watched a show about birds--they taught Emerald about how birds pick up things with their beaks and feet to make nests, and they fly around and eat seed....anyways, after that was over, she and I made a "nest" on the couch of blankets and sheets and couch cushions. When Gabriel crawled into the nest, Emerald "flew" around tweeting and and bringing things to her "baby bird" brother, like snacks, toys, books...he loved it, and it was super sweet.

We usually do story time and snack time simultaneously, out in the backyard, but because of the cold, we built a small fort behind the couch and ate animal crackers and read "You Are Special"  by Max Lucado. Andrew came over for a bit to see us, which was nice--he brought us a chocolate pie.

At lunch, Gabriel had an ECI Speech therapy session, so they played blocks and we talked about things that would be motivating enough for him to actually want to communicate, how he did in school on Monday, etc. They actually went right to sleep at naptime, which was nice because Mama needed a nap too.

After nap, we kind of flitted around all afternoon--we watched some veggie tales, played in their room--Emerald pretended to be a cowgirl, which was really cute. When Michael got home, we had a nice evening at home, just us :)

Today started off on a bad note because...my friend Robyn tries and saves the dogs that are going to be euthanized from the pound. She does a really good job--she finds most of them homes--but she posts on facebook, which means I see lots of pleas to help these dogs, to find them homes, to take them in. I share a lot of her posts. Normally, I want the dogs and bother Michael about them a bit, but not sincerely--I know we have a bit of a full house.

Well today, Robyn posted a small blue Dachshund named Wilbur:
Wilbur is a 3 month old puppy that has a crooked spine--a congenital defect--so if they don't find him a home in three days, he will be put to sleep. And he's only just a baby :-(
I started crying because the story made me so sad, and he's such a sweet little puppy...Emerald came up to me and said, "Don't cry, Mama. Why you crying?"
I told her that I was sad because of a puppy, and asked if she would like Santa to bring her a puppy for Christmas.
She replied, "A puppy? No...I want snow for Christmas." She is so funny and sweet, it cheered me up a bit. 
Gabriel was playing in his room and I went to go check on him...but he wasn't there. I start looking through the rooms, increasingly panicking and calling his name, when I hear a muffled giggle. The toot had hidden under the blankets on my bed and was hiding from me!! 
I have some very sweet babies. 
<3 ~Andie~


No comments:

Post a Comment