Friday, December 31, 2010

Saturday Morning--Third Christmas

I guess it really is time to finish these Christmas posts, seeing as it is almost New Years.

Before I even start, please forgive me if I don't remember exactly everything that everyone got. Michael and Emerald were across the room where I couldn't even see them, and with all the chaos I lost track of even what I was opening for me and Gabriel. BUT I will do my best and see what I come up with :)

Christmas morning started late for my family this year--out of respect for Michael, they bumped it back to 6 a.m. At Granny's and Pat's, usually we get up at 4.30 or 5 to do presents, but Michael is not a big fan of that, lol.

Gabriel did NOT want to get up. Emerald was excited and sunny and wanting to run down the stairs, but Gabriel was clinging to me and fussing a lot. Which is actually pretty backwards for them--normally, Gabriel is our early morning riser. But neither of them had slept well the night before, so he was especially cranky.


I sat up camp on the leather sofa next to Granny's tree, where Gabriel and I were partially obscured, and Michael nabbed a chair right in the center of the room with Emerald.

There seemed to have been a little confusion at Santa's workshop, because my kids got a big pile of presents from him, lol. Emerald got a big Snoopy stuffed animal with a little portable radio with it, plus a Santa Paws (Buddy) DVD, and a Disney Princess portable game thing. In her stocking, she got a cute puppy with a pink bandanna around her neck named Skye, plus Disney Princess play dough that smells berry-ish, a Santa Pez dispenser, and I think a coloring book.

Gabriel was really crabby throughout opening presents, so he sat in the corner and ate a banana and watched me open presents. Santa brought him Toy Story 3, a walking, roaring Rex toy, a big Tonka dump truck, and a giant Smurf with two finger puppet smurfs. In his stocking, he got a handmade ornament, a stuffed puppy dog, four hot wheels, and a blue race car that had candy inside it.

Then the real havoc began--present time :)

As far as I can remember, Gabriel got a Chuck portable fire station toy, a V-Tech giraffe ride on video game thing that I really need to set up, a Little People fire truck that makes fire truck noises, a giraffe that sings the ABC's, a pair of pajamas, and a How to Train Your Dinosaur dinosaur plush.

Emerald got Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land, a Caucasian family doll house (story behind that, I'll write about that later!), a Strawberry short cake doll with all these hair accessories, three my little ponies, a pink laptop, a Fur Real polar bear that groans and wiggles, a Disney princess sleeping bag, push light, night light, and decorations for her walls, and a gigantic gingerbread man coloring book.

*Note: I am really thinking I should have written this a few days ago, when I remembered everything and hadn't unpacked it all!!*

Michael got a Fry Daddy, a charge pad, and a gift card to Chipotle.

I got a big beautiful picture for my living room, new silverware, a new blender, a Rachael Ray cookbook, a beautiful heart necklace, and a crystal candy dish that made me cry. More on that later.

After we opened all the presents, I had Michael pack them in the car except for the stocking and Santa presents--it keeps things from getting to spread out. While he did that, I set the kids up playing with their cousins and aunts and uncles and went and helped Mom and Granny make breakfast. Well, I sorta helped. Mom is so used to cooking for a crowd that she was able to whip up sausage patties and bacon and eggs before I even finished getting out the English muffins, bagels, and cereal and make the orange juice. It was nice to have a real breakfast--usually, mine consists of unsweetened, milk-less hot tea and toast with jam.

After cleaning up breakfast, I notice Michael looking quite miserable and I realize that he was so worried about not keeping an eye on the kids that he hadn't eaten since McDonald's at lunch the day before.

-siiiiigh-

Next post should be Lunch through dinner Saturday night!

~Andie~



No comments:

Post a Comment