Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Updates

A lot has happened in the last couple of days, so here is an at-a-glance update.

1. Mike bought me a new car!


It is a used car--a 2000 gold Buick Century--but it is in really good condition and was a really fantastic deal. I named her Krissy-Bug and I am so excited about it that I drive every day, sometimes multiple times a day. The furthest I have gone so far is down to Milwaukee, across to Erskine, down to Frankford, the I took 19th home. It was really scary, but Mike is a good teacher, very patient. You can tell he is getting a little scared too.

2. I got a job!

Well, sort of. I applied at the kids' daycare, and I was hired on as a substitute next year, which will be good for easing me back into working while the kids are gone. If they get some more kids enrolled in the daycare and have to open up another class, though, they said that I will get a teaching position, so that is really cool. I hope it will help out with our finances and with getting me out of the house a bit.

and 3. Yesterday I had a Dr. Killeen appointment. Benjamin is growing great--he is over a pound and a half now, breech, looking healthy. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about his mother. I failed the one hour glucose test, spectacularly from what I hear. Not exactly unexpected news, but I wasn't supposed to get it for at least another month and I was so so borderline with Gabriel that they didn't even catch it at first, which made me hope that I wasn't going to have to deal with it this time. It's such an inconvenience, and I really don't need another reason to worry. The worst part (for me, at any rate) is that I have to do the three hour test which makes me super-dee-duper sick, but Michael makes it bearable....but if we don't find someone to watch the kids, I will have to go all by myself, and I really really don't want to do that. It is scary enough, I don't want to have to face it all on my own.

Well, that is all for now--I will update more later as things develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment