Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Water Fun!


We randomly found a giftcard to Target in Michael's wallet, so Mike agreed to let me use that to take Emerald shopping for a first day of school outfit!

Unfortunately, we did not consider that this past weekend was tax-free weekend, and the next week signaled the start of school for many people. Target reflected that accurately--it was PACKED. We decided to split up--Michael to take Gabriel to look at electronics, and me and Emerald to pick out an outfit for daycare, and mabe (if we had money left over) a toy for good behavior.

Rhonda had just recently bought Emerald these adorable magenta colored Mary Janes, so I based the outfit around that, and I will post pictures of her first day (so I don't have to discribe it). But why, you ask yourself, are there pictures of a kiddie pool in a post about new school clothes?!

As the clothes didn't cost all that much, I decided to take Emerald to pick out a toy. I didn't know what I had in mind--her tastes are still developing, so I was trying to get her a variety of things, so as to not condemn myself to a life of backyardigans and blue's clues.

By happenstance, we wandered by the deserted pool fun section, where everything was 50% or more off. We got this inflatable extraveganza for dirt cheap, and Michael and I went home to nearly give ourselves strokes by blowing up all the individual pieces. But it was all worth it to see Emerald's face light up when she first saw it. There's a slide, a ring stacker, a rainbow cave (which you can reverse so there is a baby wade pool on the other side), and a blow up dolphin and palm tree.

We had such a wonderful family outing, right in the backyard, with Emerald splashing and squealing with glee. Totally worth the effort involved, and maybe soon Gabriel can play with her in it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment