Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Da Mama

So, as promised, here is a little bit more about me, tha mama!

I grew up in a small town, surrounded by family. I have two brothers and a sister, we range in age- (soon to be) 22, 23, 24, and 25. We are very close because of our close ages, and being this far away from them kills me, as I know it kills them. I am obviously the youngest.

In school, I have always been really good at English and History--basically, things involving memory--but have loved the sciences. You can blame my mother for that because she got her degree in microbiology when I was little, and is as big of a nerd as I am. While in high school, I played trombone in the marching band (GEEK), and participated in Literary Critiscm for UIL, as well as volunteering for anything in everything. I was particularly active in my youth group, as well with the charity organizations Teens Living with Cancer and Carter Blood Care.

My dream has always been to be a neurologist, specifically in pediatrics, but unfortunately I have neither the stomach nor the time to invest. Which stinks, because medicine is a big love of mine, and will probably always be. As it is, with a degree in business, and my history with the company, I hope to get a position as a new accounts consultant for the aforementioned Carter Blood Care. I would be doing good work with them, and would still have intimate ties with medicine.

Art has always been a fascination with me as well, and while I am not particularly good at it. I keep working at it though, because talent is a matter of time invested.

Michael says I am super-sensitive and a bleeding heart (which is why he frightens away any stray that gets too close to our house). I love cats so much--probably because we share one big common factor--when we want to be loved on, when we want to be touched, we will initiate it. I am not very cuddly, as it would turn out, and am not a big fan of hugging or kissing anyone but my husband and children. My cats are Remy LaBeau and Oscar de la Renta (I'm weird), and we also own a rat terrier named Pepper Ann Potts. Michael refuses to let me have any more pets unless something "mysteriously" (read--I find new homes for them and they...) disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment