Sunday, November 6, 2011

Emerald-isms

It's that time again--looking back on all the funny/sweet/awkward things spouting from the mouth of my little girl.

Emerald was taking a bath one day. She asks "Mom, it's okay to pee-pee in the bathtub, right?". I reply, "No baby; pee-pee goes in the potty." "Oh." There is a weighted pause before Emerald asks, "Mommy? Can I have some new water please?"

"It's okay if you yell at me, Mommy--that just means you love me."

"Mary had a little lamb, and the police were white as Glo!"

Emerald and I made up a song that made her laugh so hard that she couldn't breathe called "peanut butter bunny pants".

Emerald's friend Ella came down from Colorado with her parents, and they were playing together and having a lot of fun. When it was time to go, Emerald hugged Ella to her and said, "No! We can't go! I love her!"

Emerald, very indignantly when I told her she was a smart girl, "I NOT smart! I pretty! I am a pretty, pretty girl!!" I explain that she was many things--pretty, smart, funny...she smiles and says, "No, I just pretty".

One day we were talking about bacteria, and I explained to Emerald that her Oma worked with bacteria for a living. Emerald looked horrified and said, "No!! We don't play with nasty, ugly germs! They will make us sick! Oma, that gross!"

In an attempt to compliment me, Emerald declares, "You not little momma! You really, really big!!" -beams-

I was sitting on the floor and must have looked awfully forlorn, for Emerald smiles hugely, saying "Don't be sad, Momma! You got me!"

--Andie--

No comments:

Post a Comment