Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Emerald-isms: January 3, 2012


-Has Daddy had ten-hundred (100) birthdays?

-Me: Emerald, did you wipe and close and flush?
Emerald: oh, no--I just closed
:-S

-Glo calls me Em. YOU can call me Emerald.

-Emerald: Mommy, did you hear that toot?
Me: No...
Emerald: Oh, good.

-Emerald: -dead serious- Mom. Reindeers only have one eye.

-My friend is a girl, and she is beautiful. But she is bananas! (Me: Who is your friend?) Oh, just my grandmutter, Oma

-Emerald's Song: I'm a little cricket on the ground, hoping here and all around. But when someone steps on meeeee....and that's why I'm squished dead!

-(very matter-of-factly) Santa doesn't bring anything for mommy and daddy because they on the naughty list.

-The angel Gabriel told Mary, "Greetings! God is with you, cuz you's gonna have a baby!"

-Okay, mama--let's play hide and go seek. You count to ten, and I'll go hide behind that tree.

-Emerald was saying prayer before the Christmas Eve dinner: "...and bless this food to the nourishment of our potties..."

-Emerald wanted to tell me a story: Once upon a time, there were three little kittens who lost their mittens. So mama kitten said, "Find your mittens, or I'll make you into pie."

-Fine! I'm gonna pray to God and HE'LL make you give me my blanket back!

-Emerald: How was your dinner, Daddy?
Michael: My dinner was good; how was yours?
Emerald: Oh, just TERRIBLE!

- (sternly) Mama, if you can't be in a better mood, you can't come to Christmas at Gigi's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment