Friday, May 29, 2009

Mini Vacation


Amber's wedding is in a little less than 2 months, and Pappy's birthday is on the 20th of next month, so I have been thinking of going and spending a few weeks with my side of the family!

I feel crummy that not everyone in the families are getting to see the kids grow up. I guess I was spoiled--both my Dad’s and Mom’s side of the family lived in town when I was growing up, so I never wanted for seeing any of them. Now, the bulk of my family lives half way across Texas, and Mike's are scattered to the four corners of the globe...I guess that's growing up, I guess.

Anyways, if I go down after the 20th, I will be able to make it for Robert's birthday, and having just narrowly missed my own, it will be a bit of a belated present to me. There is a really neat zoo out there that we are going to take at least Emerald to--I bet she would love the animals. There is also a blueberry patch where you can pick fresh berries, plus the lake to go swimming in...it is all very exciting.

The only downside is that the children and I would not see Michael for nearly a month--he still has to work. In theory, it sounds great for both of us--he would be able to come home and relax, not having to worry about helping me with Emerald and Gabriel, get to do the things he enjoys....and Emmie, Gabe, and I would be able to see the rest of the family that they love so much and that love them...but we would miss him something awful.

I bet it will all turn out just wonderful though!

--ANDIE!--

No comments:

Post a Comment